Fishing off the Phoenix. Built in 1872 by Neptune Ironworks, Waterford for the Spaight family on Lough Derg the Phoenix was later leased to Arthur Wailer, chief brewer in Guinness, and used on the Grand Canal. By 1903 the Phoenix was back on the Shannon having being bought by the LeFroy family. She changed hands a numebr of times before coming back into the ownership of the LeFroys in the 1970's.
The Delany Photographic Collection